1. Cash Bars – We realize this is sometimes unavoidable due to budget contraints however, skipping the limo or live band is much better than having your guests pay for their own drinks at your party.
2. Long Wait Time Between Ceremony and Reception – Long pauses between the ceremony and reception are generally very hard on guests. If you cannot book the reception venue immediately following the ceremony, arrange for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at another location.
3. Registry Information On Your Invitations – Do we have to elaborate? It is completely unacceptable to mention anything about gifts or registries in your wedding invitation or enclosures.
4. Money Dance – Your wedding night is not the opportunity to ask your guests to spend more money on you. They have already traveled, bought a new outfit, and gave you a wedding gift.
5. Thank You Notes – You must send handwritten thank-you notes
On Friday, we’ll post the last five!
Debbie Orwat & Gabby Cavalli
Colorado Wedding Planners, Save the Date Events