1. Dress in a way that makes you feel good. If you are most comfortable in jeans, wear your favorite pair. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to dress but keep in mind that extra tight or extra baggy are not going to be your best choices for photos. Generally, solid prints with fun accessories photograph well. Bold prints and patterns tend to take over the focus of the photo.
2. With #1 in mind, you also want to dress in a similar style to your fiancé. If you wear jeans, he shouldn’t be wearing a suit.
3. Can’t decide on one outfit? Bring a few. It’s okay to change mid-way through the photo shoot. Two outfits are good. Five are too many.
4. Wear make-up. Even if you don’t usually wear any, at least consider mascara and lip gloss. The camera makes your everyday make-up seem like you aren’t wearing any so add a little extra on the day of your engagement photos or splurge on a professional to apply your make-up.
5. Bring your pet. If your dog is a big part of your life, bring your furry friend for a few photos.
Your Colorado wedding photographer will have more tips and advice for you to look and feel your best for your engagement photo session.