Even brides with a hefty budget can appreciate a few ways to save some cash during wedding planning.
1. Buy Online! – Do your research. Get bidding on Ebay. From the dress to the favors, you can probably find it cheaper on the internet.
2. Know your flowers – Tulips in the fall are not going to be cheap. Ask your floral designer for seasonal substitutes if you aren’t set on a specific flower. Instead of getting bouquets for your bridesmaids, have them carry 1 exotic stem. It makes an impact and saves you money.
3. Consider a destination wedding – Invite your closest family and friends to an intimate celebration in a far-flung location. Less guests = less cost. Also, you can incorporate your honeymoon into your destination wedding adventure.
4. Enjoy ethnic cuisine – Asian or Italian meals are often less expensive. What better way to eliminate the typical “Beef, Chicken or Fish” question?
5. Negotiate – This may seem obvious but if your wedding isn’t on a popular day, ask for a discount or additional service from your vendors. It never hurts to ask and you may be surprised.